trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2024 4:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:23 pm 

Well hats off to Stephen for building me a superb amp. I knew what I was getting but this little devil surpassed my expectations. My biggest concern was whether it would have enough volume to keep up with another guitarist and a hard hitting drummer.
After last night's 4 hour jam it did nothing but shine in every department and it was no trouble keeping up with a hand wired Fender Vibroverb 1x15 combo and a rock drummer.
BTW the cab I was using looks small and silly but sounded good. It's just a 1x12 partial open back Avatar with an Eminence Wizard speaker. In the new year I will have a look at a matching 2x12 cab.
This amp is sweeter and louder than my Dr. Z Maz18 was and gives me the great marshall sound I was after. I ran straight in with no effects and am still experimenting with the channel mixing. It's easy to get tone out if it but some tweaking will get the really special sounds out.
I will post some clips very soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:08 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Sounds great. Post when your first public appearance is an maybe we can join you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:56 pm 
Novice
Novice

Thats a great looking amp!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:46 am 

Played my first gig tonight. Awesome stuff, cleans up nice with my Strat and overdrives nice with the volume on the guitar. I only used my tube screamer as a boost on one or two tunes the rest was straight in a the band could not believe how 'fat' the tone was.
This amp is it for me... there is nothing better for the style of music I am into right now. Blues, Rock it can do it all baby!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:34 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Sustain440, Now, that's what I call a late nite post. Sounds like it's the ticket for you. 8)

Which channel did you use or did you A-B-Y switch? Did you tweak tone controls much? Jump channels?

Looking forward to the clips too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:56 pm 

coco wrote:
Sustain440, Now, that's what I call a late nite post. Sounds like it's the ticket for you. 8)

Which channel did you use or did you A-B-Y switch? Did you tweak tone controls much? Jump channels?

Looking forward to the clips too.

I jumpered the two channels. I need to find my ABY switch, I seem to have misplaced it.

My settings were bass-5 treble-6 mid-5 gain-5 vol.4 on TMB channel
and tone 4, volume 3 on the plexi side? Am I right that is the 'plexi' channel? (BOOST ON)
I am still experimenting though, any suggestions?

FYI my main guitar is Fender Custom Shop 65' Strat with the single coils and 3 way switch. Bridge pickup is my favourite!!
I am amazed at how clean and fat this little 18 watter can get. It's not just a one trick (gain) pony at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:01 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Its all plexi, but you can call it the plexi channel. We were impressed by it's ability to remain clean as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:05 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Looking forward to clips!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:27 pm 
Friend
Friend

nice red-head.

Stephen, I'm considering converting my combo into a red-head to make it a bit more versatile... thoughts on re-using the chassis or would it have to be re-done from scratch?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:34 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

jd_bassman wrote:
Stephen, I'm considering converting my combo into a red-head to make it a bit more versatile... thoughts on re-using the chassis or would it have to be re-done from scratch?

Anything is possible. Vertical or Horizontal orientation would make it about 10" deep/high so it would be a big head either way. And a custom cabinet to boot!

A rebuild might be the best option, but would cost more/ look more traditional.

I haven't tried it but, it may be possible to punch the tube holes on the top deck and rewire. and put it into a head.