trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2024 7:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TC-15 kits arrived!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:46 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Hey everone... I don't post here too much but I am about to build my 4th Trinity amp. I started in late 2006 with a Trinity sIII 18 watter (which I might change into a plexi in the near future). Then early 2007 I built an original single channel 15. That has become my main amp. Love it! I recently built a Deluxe which is a sweet sounding amp for sure.

Today the mailman delivered my TC15 kit (and one for the rythm guitarist in my band). We are going to build them side by side (I have experience, he doesnt, so this way it is more likely we will end up with two working amps).

I am very excited to check out the EF86 side, as soon as I can!

ANyhow, will post some pics and so forth when they are done up. Hopefully in the next little while.

Andrew

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:30 am 
Experienced
Experienced

Seeing's how you're such a prolific builder, Andrew. do you have your 15's built yet?

JP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:36 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

One of your famous pictorial essays would be great too!! Twin TC-15s - Oh My!! 8)

dtonjes did a TC-15 great pictorial that would be very informative for your builds as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:37 pm 
Friend
Friend

Hi Andrew,

Welcome to TC-15 land! I'd love to see a build thread for your TC-15 too. Your Deluxe thread was very good.

Also be interested to hear your opinion on how the 15 sound compares to the Deluxe.

Looking forward to your posts here,
Dan Tonjes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:03 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Let me say, if it were just me, I would be playing my TC15 by now! :) But I am going to build this side by side withmy friend and co guitarist in our band. So, we have to get times we are both available to work on them (at his house, so I dont rush ahead!).

It will probably take a few weeks... one night here and there. I will take some pics and do a thread with pictures after we are done.

As for the deluxe vs the 15' - having been playing my original single channel 15 for a year, and with little time on my deluxe its not that fair to say - but for me, the 15 is still "the" right amp. It is very very versatile in the way it sounds with my board and effects. The deluxe has a GREAT tone on its own, but for me its a little more limited in terms of the sounds I can get. WHen you play in a cover band doing everything from cloassic rock, to new wave to pop you have to have something that can get you all those tones.

The deluxe has an amazing early rock and blues tone. But I prefer the 15's chimy crystal clear cleans and when you drive it with a few pedals you can get as meaty as you need to (especially with my plexitube pedal) and it still stays "un muddy" if that makes sense.

They ( the 18 watter, the 15 and the deluxe) are all great amps. I wont be without any of them, that I am sure of. Its the greatest thing to have all the tones available and to use them all depending upoin what you play.

I also often have brought both my 18 sIII and my 15 watter to a gig, and I use a radial headbone switcher to run them both through the same 2x12 or 4x12 cabinet.

AJC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:57 am 
Friend
Friend

Thanks Andrew, good observations. Hmmm.... maybe I'm just going to have to build one of each amp Trinity makes. :) So many great tones, so little time!