trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2024 3:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:21 pm 
Friend
Friend

Does anyone know where I could find plans for a head cab? I'm sure I could figure it out but that would end up taking up too much extra time - which I don't really have a lot of. I just got my TC-15 kit in the mail a couple of days ago and I'm aching to start the build but I can't even find enough time right now to complete the inventory of components!!

I know the dimensions are approx 21"x8"x8" but I'd also like to see how the chassis and front panel are secured etc...

Any help would be great. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:49 pm 
Friend
Friend

Also forgot to ask...What type/brand of glue should I use for the vinyl covering. I picked up the vinyl at a local fabric supply store. A little thicker than tolex but much cheaper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:41 pm 
Expert
Expert

Coco can do what he feels (as far as if he wants to give you the dimensions)...... but remember.... Coco (Trinity) makes their own cabs and amps for sale. They also make kits to sell. (They ought to make the cabs kits too, hint ; hint, good idea, eh!)

Many head cab drawings on the web.

Sorry if this bummed you out :shock: :D
I own 2 amps , 1 combo cab , 1 head cab and an amp that doesn't even exist yet (# 1, no I won't let that go, lol).
I'm an anal engineer (or I was) and I know circuits (or new :( ). Trinity ROCKS
Okay everyone that was the TV add for the night :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:20 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

StratDB wrote:
Also forgot to ask...What type/brand of glue should I use for the vinyl covering. I picked up the vinyl at a local fabric supply store. A little thicker than tolex but much cheaper.

Up here, we use Lepages Contact cement. Not the Water based version either - REAL glue!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:42 pm 
Friend
Friend

Thanks Stephen. I'll be picking some up tomorrow.

As for the head cab, is there a minimum clearance inside the cab between the tubes and the cab itself. That's my main concern, I can pretty much figure out the rest myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:50 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Make the cab 20-1/16 inside for our chassis & 8" X 8" works fine for the H X W.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:18 pm 
Friend
Friend

Excellent. Thanks Stephen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:50 pm 
Friend
Friend

StratDB wrote:

Since my work area (garage with my truck backed out!) has two sources of natural gas, I had to opt for water-based Tolex glue. I was very apprehensive of its ability to really do the job, but my fears were unfounded.

I ordered a quart of Tolex Glue (part # S-F316) from Antique Electronics http://www.tubesandmore.com, followed the directions to a "T", and it really worked well. In fact, it worked better than anything else I've used so far ... 3M Super 77, rubber cement, Weld Wood water-based adhesive, etc.. It applies easily, sets very well, no noxious vapors, and cleans up okay - meaning it's pretty easy to wipe or rub off any drips (just have a damp cloth nearby), but it's difficult to really clean a brush well enough to use more than once or twice. My solution was to buy a package of disposable brushes (not foam; actual bristles - I've yet to try synthetic).

I've done one combo, one head, and one 2x12 speaker cab with it, so now I just have to see how it stands the test of time. :-)

Monte

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:48 am 
Friend
Friend

Well I tried Lepages while recovering a 1x12 I had made for a Epi Valve Junior. Other than a couple of mistakes I made on the corners (first timer) it looks really good. That was a practice run for the head cab I'm building. I may post pictures of that IF it turns out ok. Gotta finish that TC15 head first.

Thanks for all the replies.