trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2024 3:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:47 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

I started with my 18 sIII back in the fall of 2006. In Jan or Feb 07' I built my Trinity 15 (the old single channel 15) and then in January/Feb of 08' I built a Deluxe, and then a TC-15.

The Triwatt is next on the list as I am slated for kit #1... :)

My question - to other Trinity users who have more than one, which is your favourite amp and why? Do you gig them? Or just play at home?

I have to say, my TC15 is probably my main go to amp. The 15 is also my fave but the TC15 gives you that extra EF86 tone for more versatility for gigging, especially in a cover band. I generally use my TC-15 through either my Orange straight front 4x12 with Celestion V30's or my home built closed back 2x12 with G12H30's. I find the 15 takes pedals (all of them!) very very well.

My second choice is the 18 watter. It is an awesome sounding amp, but the tones arent as clear and crisp to me. It also takes my pedals well and I have used it for gigging quite a bit. It is starting to get more use from me lately - although if I had to, I would choose the 15.

The Deluxe is a nice amp for me to play with certain guitars and cewrtain music, but for me, it isnt as versatile for playing all sorts of music when we gig, and it cant get a loud, clean tone. I also find it doesnt take my pedals quite as well - with some getting muddy. HArder to find a tone I like. But with certain guitars played straight through the amp it shines.

I am always interested to hear of other's experiences and what you like/dislike... I am a firm believer in my Trinity amps. The Triwatt may replace the tC15 as my favourite yet! Only time will tell...

AJC

PS before Ihad my trinity amps, I played a 50 watt Marshall JCM900 combo, an Orange rocker 30 1x12 combo and a Fender Deluxe reverb reissue - all three got sold due to lack of use...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:43 pm 
Expert
Expert

Well, I've built three (Triwatt will be #4), but I only actually own one of them - my sIII which I've recently re-built as a V6. I also built a Plexi for Fortis on here (killer amp!), and I built a Deluxe for a friend of mine who I owed several backlogged gifts. I still can't believe how "big" the Deluxe sounded. Too bad it made it's way back to Ontario - but it was sweet testing that puppy out.

Our Trinity friends also built the head cab for my 2204 project last year, so all of my amp projects have a Trinity flavor. Even my Epi Valve Junior build-up has a pre-amp inspired by the Trinity sIII normal channel!

I would like to build a TC-15 & a Deluxe for myself also. One step at a time though! I do have a couple more projects in mind too, but one never knows when/if those will get going.