Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2024 6:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:23 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

coco wrote:
Today, we stuck with the JJ 6V6. We're just getting used to these and finding out how they sound and react and break up. The KT66, when they go in - and they will go in - will be a whloe new ball of wax.

Sly-Fi Chapel

Set-Up

Brent & Rob

Rob Waite

I spy a vintage moog synth! Am I right?

Is that a wurlitzer next to it?

Brent you seriously have the coolest gear ever I'm coming to Toronto. I was there a few weeks ago with friends but they aren't musicians so I couldn't come and play. (Funny the dual meaning of play)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:27 pm 
Expert
Expert

Yes, Brent does have a ton of mega-cool gear, but he's not located in Toronto :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:06 am 
Experienced
Experienced

Revv23 wrote:
I spy a vintage moog synth! Am I right?

Is that a wurlitzer next to it?

Brent you seriously have the coolest gear ever I'm coming to Toronto. I was there a few weeks ago with friends but they aren't musicians so I couldn't come and play. (Funny the dual meaning of play)

Good eye!! :D Yes, I have a Minimoog. And yup, Wurlitzer 200A! Lots of other fun goodies too!! :D Full gear list here:
http://www.bgroupmusic.com/slyfi.html

Thanks Revv! I've been putting the collection together for a long time... :) I lived in Toronto for 20 years. A couple of years back my wife and I bought a place in the country as an investment/vacation place... we liked it SOOOO much that we decided to relocate there just this fall!! Of course then there was the problem of needing a studio space, so we got the real estate wheels turning again and found this old church, which is now my studio!! Frankly, I don't think you'd find a place like this in Toronto, certainly not affordably... The studio's in Quinte West, about 90 min. east of Toronto right off the 401, so it's a pretty easy trek from the city... come out and play anytime!! :lol:

www.slyfichapel.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:46 am 
Experienced
Experienced

That gear list is all but complete. Sheesh I mean the only thing you are missing is an EMS hi-fli and digitech whammy. And good luck finding one of those.
(the hi-fli) :)

Congrats on an awesome collection must have taken a huge effort to put it all together. The best part for you is that you can enjoy it and put it to work to help pay itself off.

Hopefully someday I can come out and see it. That's six hours from me so most likely not anytime soon. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:09 pm 
Expert
Expert

:lol: :lol: :lol: You just need a B-3 :shock: :shock: :shock: 8) 8) 8)

Couldn't resist :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:52 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Revv23 wrote:
That gear list is all but complete. Sheesh I mean the only thing you are missing is an EMS hi-fli and digitech whammy. And good luck finding one of those.

Congrats on an awesome collection must have taken a huge effort to put it all together. The best part for you is that you can enjoy it and put it to work to help pay itself off.

Hopefully someday I can come out and see it. That's six hours from me so most likely not anytime soon. :(

Thanks! Digitech whammy coming soon to a Sly-Fi Chapel near you!! I've wanted one for a while now - just need a project I'd use it on and then I'll pull the trigger... ;) I've never seen a hi-fli in real life, so until I actually experience it, I probably won't have GAS for it... wanna send me one?? :twisted:

Been spending money... er, collecting for a long time now! And yeah, it all gets used in my work, so it's easily justified... :D

Come on out anytime - does it make it any easier to drive 6 hours knowing there's always beer in the fridge and there's lodging for 5??!!! ;) :lol:

www.slyfichapel.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:55 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

jac wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: You just need a B-3 :shock: :shock: :shock: 8) 8) 8)

Couldn't resist :D :D :D

Provided it is in fact a B3!!! :lol: My Hammond CV is pretty awesome - one of the better sounding organs I've ever played - buy hey, if someone wanted me to, say, drive to the states in a big truck and pick one up they're not currently using, I'd be game!!!!! :shock: :shock: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :D

www.slyfichapel.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:28 pm 
Expert
Expert

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This weekend I'll look, but I'm pretty sure not many amps came with a beautiful Leslie :) :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: 8) 8) 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:07 am 
Experienced
Experienced

bgroup wrote:
Revv23 wrote:

Thanks! Digitech whammy coming soon to a Sly-Fi Chapel near you!! I've wanted one for a while now - just need a project I'd use it on and then I'll pull the trigger... ;) I've never seen a hi-fli in real life, so until I actually experience it, I probably won't have GAS for it... wanna send me one?? :twisted:

Been spending money... er, collecting for a long time now! And yeah, it all gets used in my work, so it's easily justified... :D

Come on out anytime - does it make it any easier to drive 6 hours knowing there's always beer in the fridge and there's lodging for 5??!!! ;) :lol:

Much easier. :)

As for the Hi-Fli, it's regarded as the rarest and most valuable pedal around; the things go sometimes for as much as your organ. So I doubt either of us will ever experience it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:57 am 
Experienced
Experienced

Revv23 wrote:
As for the Hi-Fli, it's regarded as the rarest and most valuable pedal around; the things go sometimes for as much as your organ. So I doubt either of us will ever experience it.

Never say never my friend! Is that a challenge??!! LOL! :wink:

www.slyfichapel.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 2:33 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Lets call up david gilmour maybe we can borrow his. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:56 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Revv23 wrote:
Lets call up david gilmour maybe we can borrow his. :)

Maybe he'd take a Triwatt in trade... ;) :shock: 8) :lol:

www.slyfichapel.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:07 pm 
Expert
Expert

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Apart, from that all you're missing is a Rangemaster pedal - like the one I have.... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:21 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

zaphod wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Apart, from that all you're missing is a Rangemaster pedal - like the one I have.... :wink:

Alright, alright Phil, let's do it... I need it for a record I'm starting middle of June... :)

www.slyfichapel.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:54 pm 
Expert
Expert

Heh, I was just kiddin' ya.... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:54 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

zaphod wrote:
Heh, I was just kiddin' ya.... :lol:

Oh, I know... but I wasn't!! ;)

www.slyfichapel.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:46 pm 
Expert
Expert

OK, I hear ya :D
bgroup wrote:
Yes, I have a Minimoog.
jac wrote:
You just need a B-3

All the talk of Hammond B3s and Minimoogs makes me think of www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULKM4_MK_Zk

This song is said to have been the first ever broadcasted recording of a Minimoog. Somewhat before my time, but I remember hearing the song as a kid on the radio in my dad's 4X4, driving across a desert. I had no concept of who the band were, but the tune stuck in my head and many years later I saw them in the Royal Albert Hall in London.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:52 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Emerson's Moog was no Mini-Moog... It was the size of a commercial refrigerator :shock: A Modular Moog maybe? I believe Keith's Hammond was a sawed off C-3...
Some info here:
http://www.popeye-x.com/tech/willalexander.htm

Joe G

Last edited by joeyvelour on Sun May 10, 2009 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:59 am 
Expert
Expert

He also had a Mini Moog or two, and like I said Lucky Man is famous for its Mini Moog solo at the end. AFAIK Keith had all kinds of keyboards, including at least a couple of Hammonds, and also a Yamaha polyphonic synth, plus a grand piano with midi contacts under the keys. The gig I saw them at, he used a big Hammond organ (which I think was a B3 but I'll have to check) for the main stuff, and then performed Rondo/America at the end with a smaller Hammond organ that he did his knife tricks with, as well as throwing it onto the stage, playing it upside down on top of him, etc. For Tarkus he also used some kind of portable keyboard (maybe a midi controller) strapped around his neck, which was also a flame thrower. :shock: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:57 am 
Experienced
Experienced

Stephen, I think we need a "Got Stuff??" section for these off topic discussions and a place to brag a little about our non-Trinity gear 8)

Joe G