trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2024 10:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:51 am 
Friend
Friend

Thanks Stephen :D :D , really appreciate it.

now I have listen'd to a lot of clips, And it is only making it harder to choose doh... :shock:
TOO many choices :roll: :oops: :lol:

There seems to be a new choise also(new to me atleast) which is not yet listed, it's that Lite version of sIII do you have any more info on this, and what pricing is on this ?? :D do you know if this was with NOS-tubes the clip is soo smooth? :o

thanks

Also I tried a strat the other day, and I'm GAS'ing for one those also argh.... :x :oops: :lol:
It was a Fender MEXICAN Classic 60' Sunburst
but I hear the new Fender MEXICAN Classic Player 60' or 50' is much better?? also same price, this one has much better customshop style pickups and other custom shop tricks a two point? bridge and some other stuff perhaps thinner paint-finnish?
I have not tried that one yet, because the shop would have to order one in first.. Most likely I order one Classic Player 50' with that maple neck and sunburst.. : :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:00 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Quote:
To me, the VRM sounds pretty much the same, just not as loud. If I remember correctly, it allows the power tubes to go into the "nice" distortion at lower volume levels. An 18 watt Marshall derived circuit is all about power tube distrtion, not preamp distortion.

Sctuslly, the VRM scales the B+ not jusdtto the tubes. You csan do that with some board mods, but you need to adjust the Vol/MV as you turn the power down to keep the tone going.

There are no Trinity Lites. These require new chassis, panels etc.. It's a slightly easier build but the overall cost is not much less. So, I didnt think the "juice was worth the squeeze".

On NOS tubes, it depends. Some are great and we try to stick with those that are (== affordable). But typically put new ones in unless requested otherwise. I cant tell you ewhich tubes were in the amps ast the time but some of the later lbet clips had NOS in them.

The TC15 builds have NOS EF86 in them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:16 am 
Friend
Friend

ok thanks, :)

is that a sIII One, a sIII with higher gain?
it seems to be able to get both the JTM45-sound and the plexi-type sound??

Btw when you guys record, is it only 1 speaker which is recorded, I would Imagine a 4x12 or 2x12 to be quite full sounding, which is not allways reflected in the sound-clips?? :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:22 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Hey, that was incorrectly posted :oops: . It actually was a TRIWATT.

Go here for the stock sIII / JTM type clip:
viewtopic.php?t=755

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:34 pm 
Friend
Friend

heh now you are confusing me ! :o
let me try again hehe :oops:

this is the clip I was refering to for sIII One
viewtopic.php?t=725

I have now heared that Lbet's try at 67-JTM-45 a bit earlier when you updated the link to it, so thanks for that. :D :D (a week or so ago)

What I was sort refering to is that the sIII One -clip whic I link to seem to get booth the SIII-jtm45-type/Stormy Mondays'ish sound and it It sems to able to get really dirty also more like that Plexi with more Gain?? :)
Maybe it is only me who is confusing the sounds/Tone :roll: It could be me..:oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:54 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Ah, the sIII One. That's a cascaded boost version rjgtr built. The gain is an entire extra triode and only one channel when it kicks in. Serious gain there!

viewtopic.php?t=701

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:11 pm 
Friend
Friend

Stephen,

What would be the diffrence between having the gain in the amp(plexi or TMB) , compared to using some quality pedals like some DIY clone pedals to push the rest in the amp(SIIIv6)?? :)

I am thinking standard sIIIv6 with boost and stuff, and and putting a RAT-distortion pedal (BYOC) in front to make a Plexi-style amp?? :D
They say this pedal give a very smooth marshall-style crunch/distortion
hopefully this is true :twisted:

There are some amps I really digg the distortion on
it's;
- Fargen amps: mini and mighty plex
- MojaveAmps: coyote, sidewinder, plexi45
The distortion is absolutely PERFECT :twisted:
on theese amps,(but thats my opinion :wink: ) theese amps sound so full and meaty?? 8)

Would It be possible to order some kind of module to simulate that last piece of Plexi-amp crunch/distortion perhamps with some el34 or ax7 tubes in it ?? :twisted: :twisted: :D
Of course this would be some kind of pedal but integrated with the amp sort off :roll: :roll: :roll: :D think of it as a addon Plexi-module??? :lol: Okay I'm perhaps dreaming HERE!!! :wink: :o :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:23 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

I cant talk to pedals much. There are as many opinions as there are pedals so I stay away from that. Maybe start up a new thread on Pedals used on 18 watters & see what others think on that subject. or search for Pedal in the forum.

My advice is get an amp that's got the basics of what you really want to hear and learn to play it to get those subtle overtones.

But re:
Quote:
...some kind of module to simulate that last piece of Plexi-amp ... Okay I'm perhaps dreaming HERE!!!
I think maybe!

A lot of this tone is based on how you play the amp and all it's nuances. No pedal/module can duplicate that. There may be a tube OD pedal out there that might be good for this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:37 am 
Friend
Friend

Quote:
Ah, the sIII One. That's a cascaded boost version rjgtr built. The gain is an entire extra triode and only one channel when it kicks in. Serious gain there!

viewtopic.php?t=701

Stephen how diffrent is this from the normal sIII, is that boost-thing the same as on the sIII v6 with boost-switch

Could It be possible to add this "extra Triode switch" to my amp?
Or would the layout change so much that it does not sound like a jtm45-anymore?? :roll:
- - -

On the SIII-plexi is the:
channel 1 (Tone,Volume) is this the real plexi sound ?? the dirt/crunch
and the channel 2 (TMB channel) the clean-channel??
am I right here?? If Is it like this

Would this then be possible:
Channel one the Plexi-crunch do you think you could voice it similar to theese clips??
Fargen amps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYDIUdiG ... re=related
MojaveAmps:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThUWH9mK ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUnj0KxW ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REQGJoSE ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbPTTkgi ... re=related

also a last one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI4Knx9XdrE this also really wicked and smooth sounding

P.S Thats the full and meaty sound I talked about in the my second last post :D :D

Appologize for posting all the competitor clips here theese posts :oops: , but it's the only way for me to show the sound I feel I want for my amp..
The celestion Blue's and the G12h30's seem to be the speaker beeing used for that kind of sound I want also quite often in a openback-cab
thanks for accepting it so far.. :)

Would it be possible to add that kind of switch changing between mid-emphasis and mid-cut like in the videos, or is this just the same as jumpering the channels and controlling the mid and treble pots

Please feel free to comment theese clips, :)
I know nothing about techniques used in the studio, but theese I feel give the sound which you get in the room, not just direct from the speaker-cone but the full-sound from everything..

and channel 2 the jtm-45(the standard sIII),
or would it be better to have:
the plexi channel on 2
and the jtm-45 on 1

I think you said it would be custom work in an e-mail earlier?
How much would this change the retail-price of the SIIIv6

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:35 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

email on it's way to discuss custom builds

Post subject: Custom work
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:21 pm 
Friend
Friend

Thanks Stephen :D

Email on it's way :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:00 pm 
Friend
Friend

Well, wakeing up this old thread again :lol:

I can Inform you guys that I am soon or (soonish) becoming a TrinityAmps owner :D :D yahooo,

Stephen is building my amp as we speak, and it will be a Trinity 18watt sIII Custom with: both JTM-45 and Plexi-lead "voicing/tone" woohooo :D :D
It will also contain cascade-gain :twisted: :twisted: so I think I should have quite some tone-choise for playing(noodling :oops: ) :lol:

Also I have taken some photos of the controll-cavity of my Lester if anyone wants to take a closer look :)
But I don't know how to put pictures in this forum?? :|(pictures posted now)

EDIT Ahhh yess with VRM also, thats one important feature for me, thanks Stephen :wink:
It is so spec'ed I don't remember everything! :lol:

Last edited by LesPaul_1982 on Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:46 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Also with the VRM as well!!
To post pictures, take a look at this.

viewtopic.php?t=781

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:29 pm 
Friend
Friend

heeey it worked :o , not bad, first time posting screenshots :lol: