trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2024 1:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:58 am 
Experienced
Experienced

I tried a borrowed OCD thru the Triwatt, and I liked it, but I can get similar sounds using the Fulltone Fulldrive into the Jauernig Atomic FET Boost. If I didn't have those two pedals I would be temped to buy one.

The Dark Horse OD Pedal which is currently my favorite is the Damage Control Liquid Blues. It's very versitile. It does a very good job at clean boost as well as heavy overdrive, and the built in compression is a nice feature. The only problem is the pedal is huge, but it's a twin 12AX7 pedal. It is very responsive to the guitar's volume knob, no matter what the gain setting. I am using the Liquid Blues with a Laney L20H Class A Head. It's rivalling my Triwatt for my favorite amp.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:39 am 
Experienced
Experienced

I have settled on the Damage Control Liquid Blues as my main Overdrive Unit for the Triwatt. It has a built in compressor so it takes the place of two pedals, but it take the space of four pedals. It's huge, but I wedge it on to my pedalboard.

Current setup:
Jauernig FET Atomic Boost / Korg Pitchblack Tuner / MXR Phase 90 / Fulltone Ultimate Octave Fuzz / Damage Control Liquid Blues / EHX Holy Stain (for Reverb) / BYOC Digital Delay / Triwatt 1-12 Combo w/Fane AX12-150 Speaker, & a _Weber Axis Ceramic Speaker in a Avatar 1-12 Open Back Vintage Extention Cabinet .

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:30 am 
Experienced
Experienced

I just picked up a Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret. It's the OD Unit that I was looking for. It meshes perfectly with the Triwatt and my other effects. It loves Fuzzes and Boosts being put into it.

Current setup:
Damage Control Liquid Blues (Used as a compressor & boost) / Korg Pitchblack Tuner / MXR Phase 90 / Fulltone Ultimate Octave Fuzz / Catalinbread DLS / Jauernig FET Atomic Boost / EHX Holy Stain (for Reverb) / BYOC Digital Delay / Triwatt 1-12 Combo w/Fane AX12-150 Speaker, & a _Weber Axis Ceramic Speaker in a Avatar 1-12 Open Back Vintage Extention Cabinet .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:00 pm 
Expert
Expert

Where do they get the names for these pedals??? :shock: :lol:

Post subject: Pedal Names?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:45 am 
Experienced
Experienced

Zaphod wrote:
Quote:
Where do they get the names for these pedals???

I don't care what they call it, I gives me the tone I am looking for without my wife comming down into the basement, telling me to turn it down.

Combine the Calalinbread DSL with the Jauernig Atomic FET Boost and the Triwatt, and that is the best guitar sound I have ever had.