trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2024 12:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:48 pm 
Expert
Expert

Built a new 1 X 12" cabinet yesterday with a Sammi ME-300B50 on board and was thinking of a method of breaking in. Normally I would just pipe music from my computer through the SS amp attached and into the speaker cabinet but that's not so good to listen too because of the mix f frequencies. So, I decided to pipe from my computer through the mixer into a nameless tube amp and through the cabinet, I grabbed all the clips of the sIII I could find, stuck them in a play list and looped them. Lawrence, you have never sounded better ;-) and I agree with you, Sammi speakers rock!
Nigel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:57 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

One time lbet sent me some raw guitar clips, line out only, not miked and I used that to test an amp! worked pretty decent too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:27 am 
Expert
Expert

Yep, I was talking to someone about that. He records the raw guitar sound when they do a live concert recording then gets his amp set up to just the sound he wants and re-records the guitar and mixes it back into the live recording, that way he can use a high output for the concert and a low wattage for recording afterwards and still use the live performance. Neat idea Eh?
Nigel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:58 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Hmmm... Those are neat ideas. My usual method is to bolt the speaker into a baffle box and hook it up to an old solid state amp and CD player. I turn the bass all the way down and let it go for about 48 hours. Eventually, the neighbors finally came up with enough nerve to complain... I don't break in speakers anymore...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:01 pm 
Expert
Expert

We need a soundproof cube.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:41 pm 

I hook mine up to an old stereo I have in the garage and turn the bass all the way down. Then I turn the volume up to where the voice coil starts moving, then leave it for two days. If you have another speaker, just wire them out of phase. Saves the neighbors. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:39 am 
Friend
Friend

I hook my speakers up to a filament transformer. About 6-7VDC. Then I brush the cone with Acetone making sure not to get the dust cap or the surround. Just the cone. Works pretty well! The noise from the speaker is not that loud and if you put the speaker back in it's box it's not too bad.