trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Sat Jul 27, 2024 6:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Best B15
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:55 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

I think a combo with either 2x10 basslite or 1x15 basslite could be potent and portable with about a six pound savings from the classic series speakers.
I just really want a point to point wired bass rig that I can use multi purpose. Home/studio/gig.
Which is why I will probably end up with 2. One combo and one head. I saw an avatar b410 on the weekend that weighs just 60lbs and rocks.
Still working on a Tramp (kt88) and waiting to start work on an 18w. When done those, the bass amp will be at or close to the top of the list.
Still a TC15 also, but its not going anywhere.

Tele's make the best noise

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:09 pm 
Expert
Expert

I would definitely be in for one, maybe two (possibly 3). Definitely a head or compact combo seeing as I don't have a working bass amp in the family right now (or a bass for that matter). Granted, the Triwatt can handle it for a small jam, and the Tramp with a 6L6 could probably do it for practice, but I would like an amp designed specifically for the job.

I still have to rip the guts out of my old Yamaha 115B monstrosity & create something useful also. The plan is to re-use the chassis & that huge cabinet. I was thinking of building a SuperBass or maybe a Sunn 100S in there (dual-purpose bass/guitar rig), but if a Trinity option was available...

I also have a bassist pal who REALLY wants me to build him an Ampeg, so that may be yet another one. I'm sure I could clone one but it would take me forever & probably cost a small fortune. If y'all are gonna do the grunt work... :D

BTW, has anyone tried the Tramp with a bass?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:33 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Quote:
BTW, has anyone tried the Tramp with a bass?

Just now because you asked, Jazz bass using a sealed 2x12 with drums. Interesting!
Need a bass bottom to really try it, but it has potential.
Tramp has a 6V6 installed, when I get the head done with KT88 installed, it will get another try.
Time to add another use to the little tone Bee, bass practice amp. Even with the 6V6 it kept up nicely to the drums.
To much speaker breakup in the low end to say much about bass tone. As it was 3rd fret and up on the A worked nicely.

Tele's make the best noise

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:18 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Well, you know I'm in for one! So that's potentially 5!! ;)

www.slyfichapel.com

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:44 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

I have a question on the “Ampegish” T-15N (or T-30N or T-45N, whatever the power output turns out to be) that “may” be in the works.

The difference between the early and late B-15N versions is the location of the tone stack and the volume controls with the early version tone stack between the gain stages and the volume between the pre-amp and the PI. The late versions have the places reversed.

What does this do to the tone and operation of the volume and tone controls?

Also, what effect do the Ultra high and Ultra low switches (1968 and later versions) have on the tone of the amp?

Is there any sort of consensus as to what the target power (both high and low) should be?

And with a lot of bass players going direct out to the PA system, do they really need a lot of power? Is there a bass version of guitar players realizing that 50 watt amps and above really aren’t usable anymore so the growth of the 15 to 20 watt guitar amps?

Either way, I’m interested in one “IF” you proceed. :D :D