trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2024 6:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:39 am 
Friend
Friend

Hey Guys ,
as the tit'le says I'm GAS'ing for a new amp? Tweed-deluxe or the new Tramp for my Fender-tone desires??

I play with a Les-paul Standard, with Sheptone Tribute PAF's(aged-covers) and 21-tone Jimi-Page-style push/pull-pots(500k), and real bumblebee's!! :D :D
My std. Marshall 4x12 1960A-cab has all speakers changed to Southbay ampworks(Scumbacks) H75(g12-h) and M75(greenback) style clone speakers(pre-rola)("mounted in x-pattern") :D

I "Reaaally Digg" the the tone with "my custom 18watt vith VRM" for my Marshall desires,
but they don't seem to have that "creamy singing PAF-tone" I'm after.. :mrgreen:

it seems I have to get way high on the VRM-volume(vrm dialed 6+ "other levels cranked") before I "can sort of" get that kind of tone , but it's getting loud then.. :|
Also It would be nice having "two amps" in case a friend gets over to jam a bit heheh :mrgreen:

Hope you can help "a desperate, lost soul" LOL :lol: (TONE-JUNKY with allways bad G.A.S.)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:52 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

With the Tramp you can get the really creamy fender tones as well as switch to the harder rock ones. With a Les Paul, you will push it pretty hard so you may want to drop the Guitar vol a bit to get clean fender but it's all there.
On a Tweed, you get the Fender tones, blues in spades, but, you can still do a lot with a it on the rock side with a pedal or choice of speaker and with a Les Paul, the Tweed can get really heavy in a good way. One comment I heard when comparing the two was that the Tweed had a little more 'complexity' and 'content' in its sound.

Cabinets are about the same size too.

Decisions, decisions.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:00 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

I have both and love the tweed like a member of the family.

But the Tramp she is a sleaze that leads me all over with a new and different tones just a tweak away.

Makes me go to her first everytime!!!!!!!!!!

If you want low volume tone the Tramp is the way to go

Tele's make the best noise

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:57 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Taz13 wrote:
If you want low volume tone the Tramp is the way to go

Right on, and when you want more, swap in a higher power tube like the 6L6 or KT66. Lots to work with here LesPaul_1982

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:11 am 
Friend
Friend

Hey there, I did not realize there where more posts to this topic..? :oops:

The amp/speaker-cabinet G.A.S. has gotten to me again lately.. This time it is hitting me with a sledgehammer LOL :lol: It is HARD!! to ressist hehe.. :mrgreen:
as I have tried some amp sims for the computer lately and it is sounding like the Tramp could fit the bill listening to some of the clips... :D :D

would it have something to say "tone vice" if the clips made is of a "uncovered Pine cab" compared to a tolexed(tweed pine-cab) ??

I think it is a great chance that I will be the "number 8th" of Trinity-Tramps built :D

BTW: Stephen you said the Humbuckers would hit "the Tramp" pretty hard, but as I said I have a lot of 4-push/pulls-pots (for 21 tones instead of 3) installed now, so I can also get some great "Singlecoil tones" also :D
And also the Sheptone "low output Humbucker" PAFs don't really push that much compared to modern humbuckers offerings :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:02 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

LesPaul_1982 wrote:
Hey there, I did not realize there where more posts to this topic..? :oops:

Just subscribe to the thread and make sure your email is correct.

I dont amp coverings change the sound at all. The look though!!

The Tramp works well with all pick-ups. Ther was a PRS here yesterday trying it and it was delicious.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:49 am 
Friend
Friend

OK, good to know that tollex is not damping the tone too much, because tollex'ed cab looks defenitly best :D

hmm, I took a peak into my controlpanel and messed up my subscriptions I thought there were no subscriptions... so I crossed out out all sections...
Now there is no way to turn it back on again it seems..??
would be nice if there where a button in the post where you could turn on/ your subscription to the post..? :|
thanks

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:45 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Rune

You will love the tramp. It's a portable tone machine. Its my go to amp.
I am also building a head version of it as well.

I am building a twin to your cascaded plexi, now that you have had it for a time, what are your thoughts on it and would you change anything? Could you answer in your 18w thread so this thread isn't hijacked.

Rick

Tele's make the best noise

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:15 am 
Friend
Friend

Hey Rick,

will post in one of the 18watt treads, perhaps the "18watt cascaded" tread ? :)

regards
Rune