Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2024 8:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:59 pm 
Friend
Friend

kurtlives wrote:
Ah glad you made some progress.

I was just looking at the voltages and could see something funky was going on there.

You may have another problem or two expose themselves after that fix, but it's a start.

That fixed everything other than the tone controls...but it still made me giddy as a school girl to hear it sound like THAT :lol:

Thanks again for looking. I'm sure there are some more problems, being a first build. I already addressed a couple problems before asking for help here, and then you helped me find that major one...So I'm sure there are still some hiding around, but I'll get them! :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:23 pm 
Friend
Friend

Triwatt Clip. Not Hiwatt-era-esque at all, but oh well. It's all Triwatt. No pedals. Studio delay/verb on the solo (I suck at lead playing, sorry guys)

http://soundcloud.com/thehumanconspiracy/triwatt-clip

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:35 pm 
Novice
Novice

Link isn't working

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:37 pm 
Friend
Friend

Try it again...I had to make it public...oops :oops: :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:47 pm 
Expert
Expert

ztevin wrote:
Triwatt Clip. Not Hiwatt-era-esque at all, but oh well. It's all Triwatt. No pedals. Studio delay/verb on the solo (I suck at lead playing, sorry guys)

Not bad at all!!! :thumbsup: Nothing wrong with your lead playing either! :D

I don't think you could quite call it a "DR103 clone", as it also has some of the DNA of a Hiwatt Lead amp in the form of its Overdrive boost stage, which we could hear put to good use in your rhythm track. :D No regular DR103 ever did distortion like that!

Anyway, well done with that build. Did you get the tone stack issues figured out yet? Also be aware that the Presence control in Hiwatt amps has a very subtle effect.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:45 am 
Friend
Friend

zaphod wrote:
ztevin wrote:

Not bad at all!!! :thumbsup: Nothing wrong with your lead playing either! :D

I don't think you could quite call it a "DR103 clone", as it also has some of the DNA of a Hiwatt Lead amp in the form of its Overdrive boost stage, which we could hear put to good use in your rhythm track. :D No regular DR103 ever did distortion like that!

Anyway, well done with that build. Did you get the tone stack issues figured out yet? Also be aware that the Presence control in Hiwatt amps has a very subtle effect.

:lol: Thanks Zaphod haha.

Good point on the DR103 clone...I think I call it that because of everything BUT the Overdrive :) I really pushed the overdrive channel pretty hard in that track because 1) I was most shocked about how mean that channel really was and 2) Had a couple of people ask about how that channel sounded. But you're right. I'll revise my description :)

Thank you for the props on the build. It was incredibly satisfying, and I think this thing is fine for a first build...Just gotta take your time and pay attention to details. I only had a few things that ended up missing, but all of them were easy fixes.

Haven't quite got the tone stack issues figured out yet. I need to trace my leads to make sure they are going the right places, but I'm pretty sure they are. Good note on the Presence control, I'll keep that in mind. Most concerned about the treble, even though I think the amp sounds great as it sits :lol: