trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2024 6:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TC 15 Works (Mostly)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:28 am 
Friend
Friend

So I finished my TC 15 a few days ago and to my great, great suprise it worked. (This was only my second amp build and the first was very simple). I was so happy I didn't touch a knob other than the volume knobs on each channel and just played for a couple hours. I was planning on it being my designated "clean amp" and it's everything I was hoping for.

I didn't get back to playing it again until today but this time I started playing with knobs. Everthing still sounded great--loud, clear, quiet, and chimey. However, when I turned the "master volume" nothing happens--nothing. Clearly something's wrong.

Can someone help me figuer this out. The master volume knob turns very, very easily, almost too easily. Could the pot be bad????????

I tried to take pictures of everything but let me know if I need to take any more specific pictures.

Post subject: Re: TC 15 Works (Mostly)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:52 pm 
Expert
Expert

Probably not the pot. Those pull switch pots Trinity use have a VERY light feel to them. It's the only point I didn't like about the TC-15 - and it's a very minor point on a brilliant little amp!

BTW - it's a push-pull pot. When pulled out the MV is bypassed & the pot does nothing... Sometimes it's the obvious things. :) If that's not it, it's probably just a minor error with the wiring.

Kirb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:07 am 
Friend
Friend

I am such an idiot! I forgot it was push/pull. I bought the kit over a year ago and finished most of it but then got busy with other things and only got back to it last week. Over the time I just forgot some on the details about the amp---like for example the the master volume is push/pull!

Well the good news is everything works and I some how got everything right on the first try. Stephen should use this for marketing. "Some dude who couldn't figure out a push/pull volume built this kit without a hitch."

Thanks for pointing out the painfully obvious Emohawk.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:50 am 
Expert
Expert

Demo wrote:
I am such an idiot! I forgot it was push/pull. I bought the kit over a year ago and finished most of it but then got busy with other things and only got back to it last week. Over the time I just forgot some on the details about the amp---like for example the the master volume is push/pull!

Well the good news is everything works and I some how got everything right on the first try. Stephen should use this for marketing. "Some dude who couldn't figure out a push/pull volume built this kit without a hitch."

Thanks for pointing out the painfully obvious Emohawk.

No problem! Everyone here las silly mistake stories wtih builds. I have a ton of them!

I'm sure you're gonna love the amp. I really have to build one for myself eventually - the one I built was for a fellow forumite. It really impressed me in the short time I had it here.