trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2024 2:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: overdrive switch wiring
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 1:17 pm 

Hi all,

I'm having trouble figuring out the exact wiring of the overdrive switch with the footswitch option. Here's what I have and don't have so far:

1) shielded cable from the footswitch relay control at back of amp to center contact (wiper) of VR3.
2) wires from the relay control board to V2-2 and V2-7 are in place.
3) 5 volt DC leads are in place and working appropriately with the PSU

I am unsure exactly where to terminate each of the 2 additonal wires that go from the relay control at back of amp to the contacts at the push/pull overdrive switch. Also, from that point, what additional connections need to be made on the push/pull switch contacts. Sorry for my ignorance.

Thanks for any help.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:02 pm 

To add more information to my above post, as I have things wired, I can only engage the overdrive from the footswitch. I can't engage it from the front panel switch, whether footswitch is plugged in or not. Is this how it is supposed to work? Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:49 am 
Expert
Expert

You've already got the hard part done! The contacts from the front-panel switch need to be connected in parallel with the footswitch jack lugs, so that the relay gets operated by the front-panel switch the same way as it gets operated by the footswitch. Depending on which lugs on the jack you connect the front switch to, you can either have it so the Overdrive can be operated by the front-panel switch, even when the footswitch is plugged in, or else so that the frant-panel switch gets disconnected when the footswitch is plugged in and all control is then from the fotswitch. If you look at the jack contacts fairly carefully, and see how the contacts are made and opened when you plug in a jack, you can pretty easily figure out which pair to use.

HTH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:37 pm 

Thanks Zaphod! You're the man! I sure appreciate your help.