Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2024 9:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Just ordered My Tweed
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:16 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Now the hardest part, waiting!!!

As always Stephen is a pleasure to deal with!!

I'll update with pics as I go.

This will be my third trinity kit. I have a sIII that gets played for a few hours a day and a TC-15 that I never quite got the hang of - so it sits in storage until I get the time to tweak it. Funny thing about G.A.S.

I usually get my cabs from Stephen but this time I went with a Mojo Cab. I'm sure Stephens are great but the deal I got on the mojo was too good to pass up. I also have a BBQ 12A125A coming in, and I have a ToneTubby AlNiCo 12 I can try from my sIII.

I'm currently a Strat player but I have my first Tele coming in from Ron Kirn Signature so I figured i needed the historically correct amp to go with my new tele.

If all goes well I'll have the amp going 100% about the time the tele shows up on my door step!!

More to follow!

-Mark

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:50 pm 
Novice
Novice

Nice gear. Sounds like you're set. :happydance:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:53 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Pretty excited.

I have decided that I am going to post this on the TDPRI forum. I spend more time there and more people will see it. With Stephen's permission I'll post duplicate pictures here.

Follow it on the TDPRI here :http://www.tdpri.com/forum/shock-brothers-diy-amps/288029-just-ordered-my-5e3-kit.html#post3522469

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:38 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

You're probably going to hate it ,so you should just send it to me...

;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:40 am 
Experienced
Experienced

Thats a deal if I hate it.

But I won't. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:33 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Revv23 wrote:
Pretty excited.

I have decided that I am going to post this on the TDPRI forum. I spend more time there and more people will see it. With Stephen's permission I'll post duplicate pictures here.

Follow it on the TDPRI here :http://www.tdpri.com/forum/shock-brothers-diy-amps/288029-just-ordered-my-5e3-kit.html#post3522469

Please do, no problem.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:13 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Sweet!

hopefully it will be here soon!

:)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:31 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Oh man, I just spent the last hour uploading pics to the TDPRI... I dont know if i have the energy to post them here tooo... for now, check out my thread, TONS of pictures!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:02 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

If anyone feels like checking it out the amp is now completed... I took about 100 pictures lol...

[url]
http://www.tdpri.com/forum/shock-brothe ... ost3522469[/url]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:00 am 
Experienced
Experienced

Tone update....

I definitely get what people mean by "farting out at high volumes" I'm going to be changing at least one component...it might be in part my unbroken in speaker; but its to the point at high volumes that the bass farts so bad hitting a chord that you cant hear the rest of the strings..Ill have to try it with my tone tubby alnico to see if i get different results.

otherwise sounds great all over the volume controls, jumpered, not jumpered etc... need to have a different "slower" style of play for this amp compared to the 18w circuit... need to "learn it" so to speak. I already took my guitar down to open "G"; I never understood this tuning on my 18w. Now i totally get it. :)

I have 1 microponic tube... haven't nailed down which one it is yet. For whatever reason tapping the tubes with a pencil did not make it clear to me... ill try again when i have more time...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:24 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

You can go to .022 on the coupling caps. I think the Tone Tubby will handle it though.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:00 am 
Experienced
Experienced

Ok - So i think the farting out was just because my we4ber wasnt broken in yet... after about 5 hours of play it sounds much better... the tone tubby sounds wonderful as well i like both speakers.

I think my tube i thought was microponic was just a cabinet rattle... I need to go around and tighten all the screws and ill know more...

Moral of the story I'm going to keep playing for a few weeks before I make any changes.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:31 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Revv23 wrote:
Moral of the story I'm going to keep playing for a few weeks before I make any changes.

This is an excellent learning!! :thumbsup: