trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2024 10:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Distorted sound
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:12 pm 

When I play individual strings I can get a nice clear sound. But when a low string is struck and then a high string is struck (while low string is still vibrating) there seems be a distorted sound from the high string. Is this normal for this amp or is there a component failure or wiring problem? It seems more so on the hi input jacks.
any input greatly appreciated

Post subject: Re: Distorted sound
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:49 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Thats a New one for me. Never tried it that way. At what volume.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:44 am 

I'm using about mid volume.
Another thing I noticed that when I turn the volume on the unused channel to 10+, the volume on the used channel decreases (almost cuts out at 12) and becomes very distorted. I understand the volume controls are interactive and the sweet spot for the unused channel is about about 5 or 6. But should the volume on the used channel distort and cutout when the unused channel volume is turned to 10+?
The volume works as it should on the channel that the guitar is plugged in, increases from 1 to 12. This applies to all the inputs.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:13 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

MCHtrinity wrote:
I'm using about mid volume.
Another thing I noticed that when I turn the volume on the unused channel to 10+, the volume on the used channel decreases (almost cuts out at 12) and becomes very distorted. I understand the volume controls are interactive and the sweet spot for the unused channel is about about 5 or 6. But should the volume on the used channel distort and cutout when the unused channel volume is turned to 10+?
The volume works as it should on the channel that the guitar is plugged in, increases from 1 to 12. This applies to all the inputs.

Yes, this is a symptom of the interactive channels as the grid is also being controlled by the other volume. Best plan is to run other channel at zero volume, unless you want to clean it up a bit, tne 5-7 on the opposite channel.

At 6, on a Tweed, everything is distorting, try it at 3, as volume will be close as at 6, but much less distortion.
If you still want it at 6, then I suggest you start modding (remove PI bypass cap, or drop it to 1-2 uf)