trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2024 2:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:05 pm 
Expert
Expert

Another thing that bothers me about this...

...aren't the two parties involved commercial sellers? If that is indeed the case, why does 18watt.com get legally dragged into this? It would make a whole bunch more sense for the parties to tango outside of 18watt.

Trying to involve 18watt is like blaming the radio station for Howard Stern saying something bad on the air. Go after the source.

If you're going to threaten to sue for libel, why not threaten the guy that's saying the bad sh*t about your product....not the place where he said it...that's all ass backwards.

Sorry for all the censored cussing guys, I'm kinda fired up about this whole thing...

Last edited by bitsandvolts on Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:18 pm 
Expert
Expert

I guess the thread on 18Watt that started the latest war was started by an anonymous member or an existing member under a psudonym, shame on them for bringing it into the community, when it eventually gets out I would think that both parties will enjoy less business.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:19 pm 
Friend
Friend

Well,
I already miss the place quite a bit. I went back today to try to retrieve the voltage dropping thread to play with a MOSFET circuit, and the whole place is nuked. Tried all afternoon to find out what was going on. What a mess. Gabi does not desrve this.
Broz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:49 pm 
Novice
Novice

I have an idea - Let's help 18 watt out -

Donate to 18watt.com

I went to Paypal and donated. If we all do a little it could help Gabi out a lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:53 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Well, if the 2 parties want to duke it out, then I say they should both step outside and do it, but don't involve innocent bystanders.

But there will be resolution to this and the truth will out.

Lesson Learned here: Stay Civil. Be nice. Play fair.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:58 pm 
Expert
Expert

rjgtr wrote:

Donate to 18watt.com

I went to Paypal and donated. If we all do a little it could help Gabi out a lot.

What are the paypal details for 18Watt?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:15 am 

Legin wrote:
What are the paypal details for 18Watt?

Go to paypal and make a payment to:

gabib@pattersongray.com

This info is from Jan I assume it hasnt changed in 2 months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:26 am 
Friend
Friend

rjgtr wrote:

Donate to 18watt.com

I just did a couple of hours ago man. I was thinking the same thing. I'm sure it will help them out. Great idea rj.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:07 am 

Contributing would be a good thing as the commercial banners are being removed, meaning (an assumption on my part) that part of funding for the site will not be available to Gabi any longer. Though I was not active on the site, I did check in from time to time and have learned from the members there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:19 am 
Friend
Friend

The Paypal contriution is a good idea. Wonder how we can get it out to more members that haven't checked in here yet. Coco did kindly send out an email reminding about the Trinity forum. Did that just go out to members here, or more generally to the 18watt members?
Broz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:27 am 
Friend
Friend

Oh dear
One is trying to sell an AMP, the other one is trying to build one. Is it that hard to keep it that way?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:31 am 
Novice
Novice

If it's the jackass that I'm thinking about, he's been running his mouth nonstop since I started reading those forums - you aren't going to get the tool to stop running his mouth, so the forum seems like the easier way. I love 18watt, but when you consider all the stuff they police out of the forum and that they still let the jackass bray on, there's something not quite right.

There's a federal statute broad enough to probably protect 18watt from liability in this case, but it's then a question of legal costs to get to that point. Much cheaper to shut the jackass the hell up.

Bear

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:37 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Broz wrote:
Coco did kindly send out an email reminding about the Trinity forum. Did that just go out to members here, or more generally to the 18watt members? Broz

I only have access to the Trininy forum members.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:46 am 
Novice
Novice

I also left the idea to donate on AX84, but maybe someone else could hit some of the other forums.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:50 am 
Experienced
Experienced

They took the ax84 thread down. Hmmm...

I'm more than a little disheartened by 18W's reaction. I understand they don't want to be sued, but I think they overreacted. I would think just deleting every post that mentions BBQ's name (which would really be a shame since there is so much good information about debugging his kits) plus adding references to BBQ to the profanity filter would be enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:13 am 
Expert
Expert

I still think BBQ should have threatened the offender, not the forum.....

The 'offender' in this case, assuming we're all thinking of the same guy and that we're correct in this assumption, is a seller of goods. From my perspective, it's a clear cut case of one seller having a beef with another...and it should have been taken care of directly. Perhaps Graydon and Gabi should have a talk with the offending characters to assure them that 18watt shouldn't be held responsible...but when it comes down to it...it's between the parties involved.

placing Graydon and Gabi in the proverbial middle of this fight, is a disgraceful thing...and I for one, will no longer buy anything from the jerk that started the legal threats.

However, on the other side of the coin, as a reseller/manufacturer, the offending member should have known better, considering his status as a seller...and should not have put Graydon/Gabi in the position they are currently in.

Both sides are to blame. I really think it's our responsibility as 18watt members to not ONLY stand behind Graydon and Gabi....

....but BOYCOTT the parties involved (so long as the truth comes out)...

If the party that threatened lawsuit isn't made to feel the pain from such a threat, the 'DrZ/Randall Smith' way of dealing things will continue to be used with such serious disregard by others.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to discredit the paypal support effort to 18watt, which I think is a good idea...

But this type of thing needs to be addressed on both sides. The parties responsible for this shameful scenario need to be dealt with harshly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:18 am 
Experienced
Experienced

Of course there are 2 sides to the story. I think the offender thought he really was doing a public service by pointing out the fact that copper caps really do melt down and really are a hazard to your amp and maybe your health.

One thing I don't understand is why everyone is so gaga over BBQ products when many of them are faulty. I'm willing to bet I have returned at least 30% of what I have ordered.

Ok, I did the PayPal thing and think everyone else should too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:49 am 
Friend
Friend

s2 wrote:
I would think just deleting every post that mentions BBQ's name (which would really be a shame since there is so much good information about debugging his kits) plus adding references to BBQ to the profanity filter would be enough.

I think Gabi briefly did that yesterday. The site was up up for a few minutes and I noticed the censor filter was being used on TW's name. Then the site was pulled again.

I can't imagine that this would consitute a libel suit...it's a public forum and it even states that the owners aren't responsible for what's said inside. I would think if the party in question wrote a huge web article slamming the other's biz practices, then that might be a bit different. Whatever the case, I hate this sandbox mentality...only takes a couple ppl to ruin it for the rest of us. I agree with you, steve...I do think the offender was really trying to help with regards to the copper caps explanation (gee, we all know who it is now, don't we?)....the only trouble is, he's made it a personal point in the past to slam the other vendor's products. Like others have said...this should be outside the forum if they have personal beefs with one another.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:06 pm 

Hey everybody!
I went looking for something new at that other forum, and *poof* no more free speech.

I may have a narrow view here...but I will NEVER buy ANYTHING from old BBQ boy.

Maybe I'll change my mind, but come on!!

WAAAA WAAA WAAAAA! what a whiner!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:08 pm 
Friend
Friend

I'm getting into it over at TGP over this.

check it out.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showth ... p?t=138554

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next